- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps Activated Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water (or cold coffee)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a 23x33cm cake pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Make three wells in the dry ingredients. Pour the oil into the first well, the vinegar into the second and the vanilla into the third. Pour cold water or cold coffee all over and stir until combined/
- Pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in the pan and ice when ready with your favourite icing!