- 4 - 6 skin on, bone in chicken thighs (can use skinless/breast - skip the searing step and simply place directly into the slow cooker)
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Activated Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 cloves garlic - minced or crushed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce, ACV, fish sauce and coconut cream. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins or up to 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, remove chicken from marinate (allowing excess marinade to drip off) and sear the chicken thighs, skin side down, for about 5 mins, until the skin is golden. Flip and cook for 2 mins on other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour leftover marinade into your slow cooker. Add chicken, bay leaves and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high.
- If sauce needs to be thickened, once cooking is finished mix in a cornflour slurry and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve over rice or mash.