- 3 tablespoons Activated Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 6 cups kale chopped (or mixed salad leaves)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 large apple finely diced (I used pink lady)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small mason jar with a lid, or a small bowl. Either shake (for a jar) or whisk together well and set aside. You can make the dressing a day ahead of time and store refrigerated until ready to use. Simply shake or whisk before using.
- Preheat your oven to 220° c and line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on one sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle all over with sea salt
- Place the sheet in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until browning on the outside and soft inside.
- Lay the bacon in a single layer on the second sheet. After the pumpkin has roasted for 15 minutes, place the bacon in the oven either below or above the pumpkin. The bacon should take between 13-15 minutes, so make sure to watch it for burning. Once done, remove from the oven and drain on paper towels. The pumpkin should be done at this point too.
Meanwhile, place the kale in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon oil and a little sea salt. Massage the kale with your hands to break down tough fibers and make the kale softer for the salad.
In a small pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once hot, add the pecans, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the maple syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, careful not to burn the pecans. This should take just 2-3 minutes.
Toss the kale with the roasted pumpkin and crumble the bacon over the top. Add the apples, pecans, and cranberries and toss to combine. Give the dressing a shake and toss as much as you like with the salad.
Serve right away and enjoy!