¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
Note: If you are clinically required to be strictly gluten-free, please swap the soy sauce for coconut aminos.
- Two oranges, juiced
- One clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
Note: You can use honey if you are not vegan.
- 1 Tbsp Activated Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- ¼ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300 g of extra firm tofu
- two tbsp cornstarch (just enough to coat the tofu)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups mixed dark leafy leaves (rocket, spinach etc.)
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed + 200ml water
- Sesame seeds to serve
- Spring onions to serve
- Drain tofu and place between kitchen towels with something heavy on top for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Put the quinoa into a sieve and wash well under cold running water. Tip into a saucepan and pour in 200ml cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over a medium heat, then reduce to a simmer over a low heat and cook gently for 10-15 mins until the quinoa is fully cooked and all the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, put on a lid and leave for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork and serve.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, and place in a bowl
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of corn starch, or enough to coat the tofu. Stir gently to combine the tofu until coated with corn starch on all sides
- Pan fry the tofu in a skillet with enough olive oil to coat the skillet until golden brown on all sides, around 20 minutes or so. Stir and flip the tofu often to get it crispy on all sides. Season
- While the tofu is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a sauce pan, add the minced garlic and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until fragrant. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Add soy sauce, orange juice, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and mustard. Season.
- Add the cauliflower to the sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked, stirring often.
- When the tofu is crispy on all sides, add the orange sauce and heat 2 - 3 minutes, until bubbly and coated.
- Serve the orange tofu and cauliflower over quinoa, with the leafy greens. Sprinkle sesame seeds and spring onions over the top.